RDLC – Disable (mysterious) paging

To cut it short, my RDLC report had a strange issue – no matter how many parameters I changed, the report kept sorting and paging itself on the wrong criteria. After trying to solve it for a long time with the help of Visual Studio (2013 and 2015), I finally gave up and opened the file with Notepad. It took me 30 seconds to find the issue, which was some weird setting maybe from a previous version:

<TablixRowHierarchy>
<TablixMembers>
<TablixMember>
<Group Name=”list1_Resource”>
<GroupExpressions>
<GroupExpression>=Fields!Resource.Value</GroupExpression>
</GroupExpressions>
<PageBreak>
<BreakLocation>Between</BreakLocation>
</PageBreak>
</Group>
<SortExpressions>
<SortExpression>
<Value>=Fields!Resource.Value</Value>
</SortExpression>
</SortExpressions>
<DataElementOutput>Output</DataElementOutput>
<KeepTogether>true</KeepTogether>
</TablixMember>
</TablixMembers>
</TablixRowHierarchy>

I changed the BreakLocation Between to None, and the problem was solved.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s