You may want to download the EPiServer of a Azure or DXC environment to your local sql database, simply because:
- The database may be restricted to certain IPs only, thus you are not able to connect to it remotely or without e.g. whitelisting the IP address for each new IP address assigned to your laptop/development environment at home/the vacation resort etc.
- The database may require you to access it through a VPN. If you are on the wrong continent, traveling, it may be painfully slow to wait for each db query to finish.
- It’s more fun to have it locally => easy to perform any change, rather than the cumbersome Azure way.
What you to do in a short list:
- Get a tool such as Sql Database Migration Wizard.
- Connect it to the Azure db, and download the data.
- Hm, the next step is simple as the second one – select a destination database on your local machine, and voilà, it’s ready.
Nicely easy, thank you for the free Database Migration Wizard 🙂