I had been working on my solution for a year when suddenly the projects stopped working at the usual HTTPS port. I assumed this had something to do with Stacker, which I uninstalled. No matter what, the HTTPS port would not start to work and the solution had two ports when running locally on IIS Express.
While trying to install and test the npm package node-adwords, I stumbled upon an error stating an error with CategoryInfo not being specified.
The errors given by npm included e.g. gyp error, and reading about it from random internet sources, the problem seemed to point to compiler settings. I updated node to the latest version, which did not resolve the issue.
The next attempt was to modify my Visual Studio 2017 Professional installation, and specifically the Node.js options:
I did not have the VC++ 2017 v141 toolset installed, so I ticked it along with Visual Studio C++ core features (I don’t think it is necessary) and started the installation.
I installed 2 x Nvidia 1060 with 6 Gb each. When using multiple different miners, I end up with a low hashrate such as 10..11 MH on each, totaling around 20 MH, but fluctuating very strongly (to the downside.)
I first used Minergate, and dismissed it soon for its low hash rate (which was a wrong assumption.) Turns out I only needed to upgrade the BIOS firmware of my Asus V270-K motherboard. Upon restarting Ubuntu and powering on Minergate, I now get a constant 44..46 MH, which can be considered good for an untweaked, untampered pair of 1060’s.
I have been using Minergate for some time to mine Bitcoins, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies on my Windows 10 workstations, and I’m pretty happy with the setup so far.
My workstations mining the cryptocurrencies (multiple, I let Minergate to determine which cryptocurrency to mine based on the current highest profit/price cryptocurrency) are rather quite simple workstations:
- i5 7600 with Nvidia GT 1060 3Gb
- FX8370 (8-core) with Nvidia GT 1060 6Gb
- FX8320 (8-core) with Nvidia GT 1070.
So far I’m mining at a daily rate of 6 € (6.7 $) daily rate which is not much, but ok. I have a slow ROI, but as I also use two of the workstation as heaters in the cold season, the actual ROI is not that bad at all. I will be posting more details on the mining profitability later.
In order for the mining to be uninterrupted, please turn off the automatic restart after Windows updates. Please follow the instructions below:
- In command prompt, run gpedit.msc
- Go to Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components => Windows Update
- Double-click on ‘No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations’ and ENABLE the setting.
That’s all. Happy mining!
I got this error after updating my Visual Studio 2015 project with new Nuget Packages. The login with SqlServerMembershipProvider would not work anymore after the update.
I tried to solve the issue by changing the defaultConnectionFactory as advised in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17585611/the-type-initializer-for-system-data-entity-internal-appconfig-threw-an-except. Unfortunately it did not help.
Encountered this while developing a Block for EPiServer. The solution was more than simple:
While performing an inner loop of querying an S3 bucket’s contents, I encountered the following error:
An unhandled exception of type ‘Amazon.S3.AmazonS3Exception’ occurred in AWSSDK.Core.dll
Additional information: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records.
This seemed strange as the Access key and the Secret Access key were both correct.
I had implemented the following code in the inner loop:
GetObjectResponse objectResponse = new AmazonS3Client(s3Object.BucketName, awsAccessKey, awsSecretAccessKey).GetObject(requestObject);