I have been using Minergate for some time to mine Bitcoins, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies on my Windows 10 workstations, and I’m pretty happy with the setup so far.
My workstations mining the cryptocurrencies (multiple, I let Minergate to determine which cryptocurrency to mine based on the current highest profit/price cryptocurrency) are rather quite simple workstations:
- i5 7600 with Nvidia GT 1060 3Gb
- FX8370 (8-core) with Nvidia GT 1060 6Gb
- FX8320 (8-core) with Nvidia GT 1070.
So far I’m mining at a daily rate of 6 € (6.7 $) daily rate which is not much, but ok. I have a slow ROI, but as I also use two of the workstation as heaters in the cold season, the actual ROI is not that bad at all. I will be posting more details on the mining profitability later.
In order for the mining to be uninterrupted, please turn off the automatic restart after Windows updates. Please follow the instructions below:
- In command prompt, run gpedit.msc
- Go to Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components => Windows Update
- Double-click on ‘No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations’ and ENABLE the setting.
That’s all. Happy mining!